ERP Project Management
ERP project management is a prerequisite for a successful implementation. Most of failed or delayed ERP projects are caused by a combination of incomplete requirement analysis and inadequate ERP project management.
ERP project management help to brings the change management exercise to completion. It is much more than filling the existing gap between current state and corporate future state.
ERP project management means to manage the following key process:
- ERP implementation
- Business process re-engineering
- Change management
- Personnel training and coaching
- ERP vendor management
- ERP project budget and cost control.
ERP project management key processes have to be steered dynamically. They will be characterised by a set of planned and / or unplanned events that would affect the following corporate areas:
- Resource training
- Business processes
ERP project management will have to properly and timely react to these events.
ERP project management will require the organisation of a Project Management Office (PMO) with skilled resources.
ERP project management would imply in organising and executing the following activities:
- ERP project planning
- Definition of organization roles and responsibilities
- ERP project Schedule
- ERP project status report
- ERP cutover plan
- Communication and reporting
- Weekly meeting management
- ERP issues / risk management
- ERP project budget update / review
- Steering committee meetings
- ERP vendor performance
- 3rd party performance
- ERP project team performance
ERP project management services do not necessary make redundant the existing project management roles. The project would still be needing a vendor project manager on the ERP vendor side.
ERP project management requires a structured approach. We know the following international standards / methodologies:
- Institute for Certification of Computer Professionals (ICCP), ACP standards
- American Society for Quality (ASQ)
- Capability Maturity Model (CMM) for software development
- Software Engineering Institute (SEI)
- Rapid Application Development (RAD)
- Prince 2
We tend to use a correct mix of these methodologies in order to tailor our ERP project management approach to the client’s situation.
ERP project management requires ERP risk management. We do not limit ourselves to plain risk matrix management, but we treat risk as multi-dependency topic. We also have familiarity with more specific risk management methodologies, such as the Australian Enterprise-wide Risk Management Standard.
ERP ABBATE UK LTD is ready to help you in setting up and manage a full cycle ERP implementation.
Contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org !